Finally it’s cold out! Which means coats, scarfs, hats, gloves, oh my! Now when it comes to picking a winter coat that will keep you warm and stylish throughout the colder months, there are some important things to consider:
1. Length- Make sure you pick the correct length for your height. Getting this right will make a huge difference, the right length will make sure your arms are covered and that you’re not drowning in you a coat.
- If you are 5’ 5” and under keep the length of you coat right to the middle of your thigh. Anything lower will make you look frumpy and anything shorter will cut off your body at the wrong point. If you are choosing a longer trench coat, keep it 2-3 inches past your knees. This will give the illusion that your knee starts a little higher then where it really does (it’s almost magic!)
- If you’re taller and want a short coat, make sure to leave 4 inches between your knee and where the coat begins. This will make sure there is proper coverage for the length of your body. If a trench coat is more your style, aim for the middle of your calf when it comes to the length. Cutting your body at the knees can make you look boxy, which is not a cute look.
2. Fit- Get the shape right! If you want to give your body additional shape, opt for a coat with a belt around the waist, this will give you instant curves! Woo yeah! If it’s a more shapeless fit, make sure the coat has some detail or intricate stitching to add interest to your look!
3. Color– Try branching out from the traditional black coat! Electric blue, light grey and even ox-blood make for a great way to liven up your winter wardrobe! If you want to play it safe, opt for a more neutral tone such as khaki or tan so it will match back with anything and everything!
So there it is, your top tips to keep in mind when buying your dream coat this winter! Staying stylish and cozy at the same time, it can be done!
SHOP COATS HERE.