With awards season over, what better way to roll up the red carpet than with a list of my favorite celeb dresses at this season’s award shows. This year we saw a lot of old Hollywood glamour mixed with some of today’s newest trends, so let’s dig in!
Photo Courtesy of Jon Kopaloff/Filmmagic, Jason Merritt/Getty Images/ NY Daily News
5. It would be impossible to not include the ever-glamorous Carrie Underwood on a best dressed list. She gets my number five spot for this stunning number she wore to this year’s Grammy Awards. I love the low ponytail which accentuated the low back of the gown — this is head to toe (and front to back) glamour! Carrie truly shined like a star in this long sleeve Gomez-Garcia gown.
Photo Courtesy of Getty Images/HarparsBazar.com
4. Emma Stone has made it very clear that she has put her Super Bad days behind her! Clearly born to walk the red carpet, Emma wore this beautiful two-tone Lanvin dress to the Golden Globes. What I love most about this look is the contrast between the darkness of her smoky eyes, the dark color of the gown, and her fair skin tone. I think it brings out her natural beauty. Definitely my favorite from the Globes this year!
Photo Courtesy of Getty Images/HarpersBazar.com
3. Zoe Saldana stole the show at the SAG Awards in this chic Givenchy Haute Couture gown. The all white gown was paired with Tiffany Jewlery to complete this classic look. It is clear that Zoe has a flair for fashion and proves it again on the red carpet.
Photo Courtesy of Steve Granitz/WireImage/NY Daily News.com
2. Okay, so I had to put Adele on this list, but can you really blame me? The hair, the makeup, the dress, can we say perfection! Wearing a sparkling black Giorgio Armani dress, Adele proved she has everything it takes to achieve that classic Hollywood glamour every time she hits the red carpet! Okay, enough about my love for Adele, and let’s get to the good stuff, #1!
Photo Courtesy of Getty Images/Elle.com
1. Let’s call this the “slit” heard around the world. Angelina Jolie was the talk of the Oscars in this sexy, “solo” leg revealing Atelier Versace dress. This is without a doubt the most talked about dress from awards show season, which earns its rank at #1 on my list.
Cheers to some of the best red carpet looks of the season, and to many fabulous seasons to come!